Start Biology MCQs Quiz Test !
Online MDCAT Biology MCQs With Solved Answers
Q.1: Which of the following statements is incorrect about skeletal muscle fibers?
- They are multinucleated.
- They are 10 – 100 ?m in diameter And surrounded by sarcolemma
- They contain O2 storing molecules called hemoglobin.
- Their cytoplasm contains high concentration of carbohydrates
Q.2: Gibberellins is an example of———?
- Growth inhibitor
- Growth stimulator
- Growth hormone
- None of these
Q.3: A smallest contractile unit of muscle contraction called sarcomere is the area between two:?
- H- zone
- M- Line
- Z- Line
- A band
Q.4: Which of the following animal has a hydrostatic skeleton?
- Round worm
- Tape worm
- Pin worm
Q.5: Diameter of thick filament is——?
- 7 nm.
- 8 nm
- 10-100 ?m.
Q.6: In an annelids, the contraction of circular muscle results in——?
- Lengthening of the body.
- Shortening of the body.
- Widening of body
- Thinning of body
Q.7: It is possible to date the rocks by comparing the amount of specific radioactive isotopes they contain. Which of the statement is correct in this respect:?
- Older sediment layers have equal amount of these reaioactive isotopes as that of the young ones
- Older sediment layers have less amount of these reaioactive isotopes as that of the young ones.
- Older sediment layers have greater amount of these radioactive isotopes as that of the young ones.
- Older sediment layers did not have these radioactive isotopes
Q.8: Reverse transcriptase is present in——?
- All RNA viruses
- All DNA viruses
- All retroviruses
- All viruses
Q.9: Destruction of all life forms is called——?
Q.10: Pox viruses are—–?
- RNA non-enveloped
- RNA enveloped
- DNA non-enveloped
- DNA enveloped