Start Biology MCQs Quiz Test !
MCAT Biology MCQs With Answers For Entry Tests
Q.1: Which adaptation is acquired by plants of cooler areas to prevent lipid crystal formation in cell membrane?
- Change in membrane protein composition.
- Change in the solute composition of the cell membrane which prevents crystallization.
- Increase in proportion of unsaturated fatty acids.
- Development of heat shock proteins.
Q.2: Which of the following statement about Homeostasis is incorrect?
- There is a definite control system that regulates the homeostatic activities
- Homeostatic mechanisms keep the internal environment fixed despite of wide changes in external environment
- Because of this the fluctuations of internal environment are of extremely narrow range as compared to that of external environment
- All are correct
Q.3: Which of the following fish drink large amount of sea water and excrete concentrated urine resulting in maximum salt excretion and minimal water loss?
- Fresh water fishes
- Bony fishes
- None of these
Q.4: Normal body temperature in mamals like human beings is——?
- 26 – 28°C
- 36 – 38°C
- 46 – 48°C
- 56 – 58°C
Q.5: In osmosis water molecules move from area of ——- through semipermeable memberane?
- Higher solute concentration to lower solute concentration
- Lower solute concentration to higher solute concentration
- Lower solvent concentration to higher solvent concentration
- All of these
Q.6: Which of the following is most toxic?
- Uric acid
- Trimethylamine oxide
Q.7: Blubber a thick layer of fat is present in——?
- Fresh water mammals
- Terrestrial mammals
- Marine Mammals
- Flying mammals
Q.8: Production of pyrogens is a —– phenomenon?
Q.9: Thermostat of human body is present in—–?
- Fore brain
- Hind Brain
Q.10: Which of the following structure in plant’s body is called excretophores?