Start Chemistry MCQs Quiz Test !
Federal public Service Commission Chemistry MCQs
Q.1: Hydration is a process in which———?
- Molecules are surrounded by solvent molecules
- Ions are surrounded by solvent molecules
- Both ions and molecules are surrounded by solvent molecules
- Both ions and molecules are surrounded by water molecules
Q.2: ppm means——–?
- parts of solute in 1000 parts of solvent
- parts of solvent in 1000 parts of solute
- parts of solute in one million parts of solution
- parts of solvent in one million parts of solute
Q.3: The relative lowering of vapour pressure is directly proportional to molality if the solution is——–?
- saturated solution
- all of the above
Q.4: If electricity is passed through CuSO4 solution by using Pt electrode then which of the following possible change occurs ?
- H2 is deposited at cathode
- Colour of the solution becomes fade
- Cu is deposited at anode
- All are possible
Q.5: Which has maximum oxidation number ?
Q.6: In an electrolytic cell current flows ?
- From cathode to anode in outer circuit
- From anode to cathode outside the cell
- From cathode to anode inside the cell
- both B And C
Q.7: In a galvanic cell——–?
- Chemical energy is converted into electricity
- Chemical energy is converted into heat
- Electrical energy is converted into chemical energy
- Electrical energy is converted into heat
Q.8: Molten NaCl conducts electricity due to the presence of——–?
- Free electrons
- Free molecules
- Free ions
- Atoms of Na and Cl
Q.9: Electricity in voltaic cell is produced due to———?
- both B And C
Q.10: In electrolytic cell electricity carries——–?
- spontaneous reaction
- non-wpontaneous reaction
- all of above