Start English Grammar & Composition MCQs Quiz Test !
English Grammar Solve-MCQs Online Quiz Test
Q.1: To leave someone in the lurch ———?
- To come to compromise with someone
- Constant source of annoyance to someone
- To put someone at ease
- To desert someone in his difficulties
Q.2: To pick holes ———?
- To find some reason to quarrel
- To destroy something
- To criticize someone
- To cut some part of an item
Q.3: To put one’s hand to plough ———-?
- To take up agricultural farming
- To take a difficult task
- To get entangled into unnecessary things
- Take interest in technical work
Q.4: To end in smoke ——–?
- To make completely understand
- To ruin oneself
- To excite great applause
- To overcome someone
Q.5: To cry wolf ———-?
- To listen eagerly
- To give false alarm
- To turn pale
- To keep off starvation
Q.6: To have an axe to grind ———–?
- A private end to serve
- To fail to arouse interest
- To have no result
- To work for both sides
Q.7: Synonym of “adipose” is ————- ?
Q.8: To make clean breast of ——–?
- To gain prominence
- To praise oneself
- To confess without of reserve
- To destroy before it blooms
Q.9: Synonym of “propensity” is ———?
Q.10: Synonym of “expiated” is ———?