Start Physics MCQs Quiz Test !
Physics Solved MCQs Online Quiz Test
Q.1: The pressure exerted by a column of mercury 76cm high and at 0°C is called——–?
- 1 atmosphere
- 1 Newton per square meter
- 1 Pascal
- data is insufficient
Q.2: If the pressure of a given gas is held constant its density is inversely proportional to its absolute temperature. We can refer it as another statement of——-?
- Boyles law
- Charles law
- Ideal gas law
- Avagadros law
Q.3: Gas molecules of different masses in the same container have the same average transnational kinetic energy which is directly proportional to their——-?
- absolute temperature
Q.4: Boyles law helds for ideal gases in——–?
- isochoric processes
- isobaric processes
- isothermal processes
- adiabatic processes
Q.5: If the volume of a gas is held constant and we increase its temperature then——–?
- its pressure is constant
- its pressure rises
- its pressure falls
- any of above
Q.6: Which one is not an example of adiabatic process ?
- rapid escape of air from a burst tyre
- rapid expansion of air
- conversion of water into ice in refrigerator
- cloud formation in the atmosphere
Q.7: In a clinical thermometer the mercury in the capillary tube does not contract once removed from the patient because——–?
- Mercury takes a long time to contract
- The amount of mercury use is very small
- The capillary tube has a small constriction near the bulb
- The capillary tube is very narrow
Q.8: We prefer mercury as a thermometric substance because——-?
- Over a wide range of temperature its expansion is uniform
- It does not stick to thermometer glass
- It opaque to light
- All of above
Q.9: Numerical value of Boltzmanns constant is——-?
Q.10: Normal human body temperature 98.6°F corresponds to——-?