Start Everyday Science MCQs Quiz Test !
Everyday Science MCQs Quiz Test With Answers
Q.1: Jupiter has —- known moons?
Q.2: A slow-running pendulum clock can be speeded up by——–?
- Increasing the length of the rod
- Increasing the weight of the bob
- Reducing the length of the rod
- Reducing the weight of the bob
Q.3: A man is standing on a weighing machine in a lift which is moving. The weighing machine will slow MINIMUM reading when, the lift is moving?
- Upward with uniform speed
- Downward with uniform acceleration
- In a free fall due to failure of the lift mechanism
- None of these
Q.4: The property by virtue of which metals can be beaten into thin sheets is known as?
Q.5: A tight-rope walker carries a long pole which he holds across his body. The purpose of this pole is to——?
- Prop him up if he falls
- Spread out his weight and reduce the pressure on the rope
- Add extra weight to keep the rope tightly stretched
- To keep the centre of gravity always vertically above the rope
Q.6: During a total solar eclipse there is most likely to be——-?
- A decrease in the rate of photosynthesis
- An increase in the rate of photosynthesis
- A decrease in the rate of respiration
- No effect on either photosynthesis or respiration
Q.7: Heating element of an electric heater is made up of——?
Q.8: In an oil lamp, the oil rises up in the wick due to?
- Capillary action
- Atmospheric pressure
- Viscosity of oil
- Change in temperature
Q.9: Why are soft drink made with chilled water rather than water at room temperature?
- Ingredients dissolve better in chilled water
- Chilled water enhances the taste
- Chilled water attracts more carbon dioxide
- Chilled water is more hygienic
Q.10: Coke is made by heating coal in the absence of air at—–?
- 700 °C
- 900 °C
- 1300 °C
- 1700 °C