Start Physics MCQs Quiz Test !
Physics Solved MCQs Online Quiz Test
Q.1: When X-rays are passed through successive aluminum sheets what happens to their thickness ?
- it decreases
- it remains same
- sometimes increases and sometimes decreases
Q.2: Quality of X-rays depends upon —— A-filament current B-accelerating voltage C-material of the target ?
- A And B
- B And C
- A And C
- A B And C
Q.3: In an X-ray tube electrons each of charge e are accelerated through V potential difference allowed to hit a metal target. The wavelength of the X-rays emitted is——–?
- impossible to predict
Q.4: Radiation produced from TV picture tube is——-?
- Far infrared
Q.5: The minimum wavelength of X-rays can further be reduced by ——–?
- Reducing the pressure or cooling the target
- Increasing the temperature of the filament.
- Using a target element of higher atomic number
- Increasing the potential difference between the cathode and the target
Q.6: The characteristic X-rays spectrum is due to——-?
- The illumination of the target metal by ultra-violet radiation
- The bombardment of the target by protons
- The bombardment of target by electrons
- The absorption of radiation by the target metal
Q.7: The minimum wavelength of X-rays produced by the bombardment of electrons on the screen of a television set where the accelerating potential is 2.0K V will be——-?
- 6.2 x 10-10m
- 9.1 x 10-18m
- 3.11 x 10-10m
- 4 x 10-10m
Q.8: Maximum frequency in the spectrum from X-ray tube is directly proportional to the——-?
- Number of incident electron i.e. filament current
- The kinetic energy of the incident electron i.e. the potential difference through which they are accelerated
- The soft target which can easily emit electrons
- All of above are correct
Q.9: X-rays are diffracted by a crystal but not by a diffraction grating because——-?
- The ions in a crystal are well arranged
- The lines in a diffraction grating cannot reflect X-rays.
- The penetration power of X-rays is high in a diffraction grating
- The wavelengths of X-rays are of the same order of magnitude as the separation between atoms in a crystal
Q.10: UV radiation can be produced by——-?
- Heating the filament
- Electron excitation in the gas
- Ionization of atoms
- All the above