Start Everyday Science MCQs Quiz Test !
Everyday Science MCQs Quiz Test With Answers
Q.1: The primary function of the feathers in birds is to —–?
- Provide insulation for preserving body heat
- Provide striking surface to the wings for flying
- Make the body surface waterproof
- impart coloration for species as well as sex recognition
Q.2: The rear view mirror of a motor vehicle is —-?
Q.3: Lead ball falls through water more slowly than through air because —–?
- The value of ‘g’ is less in water
- Density of air is less than that of water
- Of the viscous force in water
- Of The surface tension of water
Q.4: Which one of the following sets of color combinations is added in color vision in TV’?
- Red, green and blue
- Orange, back and violet
- White. red and yellow
- Yellow, green and blue
Q.5: A train goes past a railway station at a high speed. A young boy standing on the edge of the platform is likely to —–?
- Remain unaffected
- Fall away from the train
- Fall towards the train
- Fall away from or towards the train depending upon the speed
Q.6: Water is a highly effective coolant for a car engine because —–?
- Water is good conductor of heat
- Water has very high specific heat capacity
- Water boils at a comparatively high temperature
- Evaporation of water produces lot of cooling
Q.7: Scalding with steam is more severe than scalding by boiling water because—-?
- Steam can penetrate the skin
- Steam is at a higher temperature
- Steam contains more energy than boiling water
- Steam is at a higher pressure
Q.8: In order to prevent the corrosion of iron pipes they are often coated with a layer of zinc. This process is termed as——?
Q.9: The cracking sound heard when dry hair is combed with a hard rubber comb is due to—–?
- The hair barging against the charged comb
- Small electric sparks
- The rubbing of the comb with the hair
- None of the above
Q.10: Detergents dissolved in water help in cleaning clothes by—–?
- Increasing the temperature of water
- Reacting chemically with dirt
- Reducing the surface tension of water
- Dissolving dirt